Candle Making Kit Instructions
- Wooden wick holder (optional)
- Fragrance (optional)
- Wax (I suggest using soy wax)
- Flower petals (optional)
Extra equipment needed:
- Plastic heatproof jug (for melting the wax)
- Something for stirring (not to be used for food again)
TiP: if you don’t know how much wax to use fill the container up 1.5 – 2 times with your wax flakes before melting
- Place Soy wax into the heatproof plastic jug and heat in a double boiler (place in a saucepan with an inch or so of water) on a medium heat so the water doesn’t boil over.
- Dip wicks into melted wax and then ‘stick’ to the bottom of the candle container- place each wick on one of the marked areas.
- Hold wicks in place with wooden wick holders. Remove the jug from the water and leave the wax to cool slightly.
- Add Fragrance to the Soy wax and stir.
- When it turns slightly opaque pour the wax into the candle container. Don’t feel right up to the top, leave a little space, to allow for the embellishments.
- After the wax cools and turns slightly white add embellishments
WARNING! To prevent fire: keep burning candle within sight. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Trim wick to 5mm each time before lighting. Candle must be placed on a heat resistant surface. Extinguish when wax gets within 15mm of bottom.
You can also find a ‘how to video’ on my highlights in Instagram.
Facebook: MuMe Masterclass